Free International Money Transfers with OFX
Irish Women Abroad partnered with OFX in 2019.
OFX are offering FREE money transfers for life, an exclusive offer for Irish Women Abroad.
Yes, that’s right $0 transfers when you click on the link below.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. If you take action after clicking one of these links, I’ll earn some tea kitty money (commission), I promise to drink while creating content like this, at no additional cost to you.
If you’re thinking about using OFX for sending money overseas, then read our comprehensive guide first. Let’s start with exploring who OFX is.
Comprehensive Overview of Sending Money Abroad or to Ireland with OFX
- Company – OFX Limited
- Launched in 1998
- International money transfer provider based in Australia
- Transacted more than €67 billion. The company has operation offices in Ireland, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, Toronto, and Auckland
- Talk to a currency specialist 24/7, day or night.
OFX just like any other money transfer company has its benefits and flaws. Those are the main things to look at when deciding whether to use it to transfer your money or choose another provider.
- Easy to use – make and track your money transfers online or with the OFX app
- Save money – keep more of your money while it travels around the world
- Get $0 OFX transaction fees on ALL transfers – *Min transfer AUD$250 or equivalent
- Save time– 80% of all international payments made by OFX are made within 24 hours, on receipt of funds
- The OFX team can be contacted by telephone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Peace of mind – OFX is monitored by over 50 regulators globally
- Multi-currency accounts are available
- Several physical offices across the world – important for people who want to get a one-on-one customer experience.
There are several steps that one is supposed to follow before getting started with OFX.
For instance, you will have to set up an account by providing personal information such as social security number, driver’s license among others.
After the company verifies your account and gives you access to the platform, you can then set up your transfer method and start sending or receiving money.
Once OFX receives the money, alongside your unique customer reference, they then take care of the rest.
They’ll transfer the funds directly to the bank account of the beneficiary, which is usually within 24 hours.
If you want to know more about CurrencyFair and Wise before deciding which company to transfer money with, then I have the perfect article for you…
>> Click here to read the article on How to Send and Transfer Money Cheaply <<
OFX: The Verdict
Using OFX to transfer funds overseas is significantly cheaper than using a traditional bank. For more information to register with OFX click here.
Are you Returning to Ireland or Relocating in 2022?
Then join our new Facebook Community – Women Abroad – Relocating in 2022.
The group is all about connecting with others going through the process of moving in 2022.
Go n-éirí an bóthar leat!
(May the road rise to meet you).
Founder of Irish Women Abroad.
Follow Sarah on Instagram: @socialsbysarah_
Grab the Returning to Ireland Checklist to help you plan, prepare and get organised for your move home to Ireland.
Download the Packing Checklist to help you ensure a smooth and stress-free move home to Ireland.